Broadband Communities

MAR-APR 2019

BROADBAND COMMUNITIES is the leading source of information on digital and broadband technologies for buildings and communities. Our editorial aims to accelerate the deployment of Fiber-To-The-Home and Fiber-To-The-Premises.

Issue link: https://bbcmag.epubxp.com/i/1096645

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 64 of 78

COMMUNITY BROADBAND 6 0 | B R O A D B A N D C O M M U N I T I E S | w w w. b r o a d b a n d c o m m u n i t i e s . c o m | M A R C H / A P R I L 2 0 1 9 municipalities. Partners that provide the most value have relationships with hundreds of regional access providers and maintain databases of available fiber assets that are otherwise unknown. With solid relationships and contacts in place, partners can help determine which hubs are nearby and talk with local technicians on the ground to uncover valuable information about where to splice, where to gain network diversity and what other nearby fiber may be used to complete a circuit. A city in Tennessee required diverse transport east and west. ough some believed it would not be possible to get the network diversity needed, conversations with local engineers revealed that utilizing a certain building in the area would, in fact, provide that network diversity. Finding and tapping Capcon Networks' existing relationships and resources helped save money for the municipality. White-glove user experiences Connecting a network upstream requires coordination and planning on several fronts. Splice meets, cross connects, right-of-entry agreements and permitting often require multiagency coordination. Managing delivery dates and coordinating installs impact project budgets. Integration can be difficult and stressful. Partners that prioritize customer service and project management are key to ensuring smooth implementation and making network deployment less stressful. Having a team that understands the needs, can do the analysis and can work with multiple agencies to tie it together and lead the project is a huge benefit. v Offir Schwartz is president and founder of Capcon Networks, which delivers advanced connectivity solutions to service providers. Contact him at offir@ capconnetworks.com. A knowledgeable partner can help find fiber assets that a municipality couldn't find on its own, enabling the municipality to design its network more cost-effectively. SPEAK WITH THE EXPERTS! Broadband Communities 2019 SUMMIT Booth #313 Or visit us at www.ofsoptics.com Installation Made Easy with our EZ-Connect ® Module

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Broadband Communities - MAR-APR 2019